Zoom: Say Cheese! – Zucchini Grilled Cheese
Grilled cheese, need we say more? Join us as we load up a classic with colorful veggies and flavors that will keep you happy and full for hours!
Please make sure you have all the ingredients below before the class begins.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Makes: 4 servings
• 1 medium zucchini
• 1 tsp salt
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 4 slices of whole grain bread
• 2 -3 tbsp. pesto
• 4 slices of mozzarella, or other white cheese (Provolone, Muenster, etc.)
• 1 cup baby kale
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes (Optional)
• This recipe is very versatile! Try adding sauteed mushrooms, substituting kale for any other leafy green such as spinach or Swiss chard, and even adding a grilled poblano pepper!
• SLICE zucchinis lengthwise, PLACE the slices on a plate, SPRINKLE them with salt, and let it sit for 5-6 minutes.
• PAT the zucchinis to dry and to remove extra salt.
• OIL griddle or a grill pan, and COOK the zucchini slices on both sides for 1-2 minutes, then set aside.
• SPREAD the pesto evenly on the bread slices
• LAYER the bread with a slice of cheese, grilled zucchini, half the kale, another slice of cheese, and finally the bread. PRESS
• Lightly OIL the pan and COOK the sandwiches on both sides until golden brown, and the cheese melted.
• SERVE with cherry tomatoes. ENJOY!
Click Here to view and download the recipe!