Zoom: Going Bananas? Eat them Instead! – Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Going bananas? Here is one trick to make you happier — eat a few bites of these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins! This sweet and fruity combination of flavors will be sure to chase away any of your bad moods.
Please make sure you have all the ingredients below before the class begins.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 12 minutes | Makes: 12 servings
• 2 large bananas, over-ripe
• 1 large egg
• 1/3 cup light brown sugar
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2 tablespoons yogurt, plain
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1/3 cup almonds, sliced
• 2/3 cup dark chocolate
• You can store over ripe bananas, even when the peel has turned dark, in the refrigerator or freezer until you are ready to bake with them.
• PREHEAT the oven to 350 degrees.
• GREASE muffin molds, or FILL with liners.
• COMBINE two mashed bananas, egg, sugar and oil in a mixing bowl. MIX well .
• ADD yogurt and vanilla.
• MIX with fork until smooth.
• ADD the flour¼ cup at a time, with salt and baking soda in between additions.
• MIX thoroughly.
• ADD almonds and chips.
• BAKE for about 8 minutes (mini muffins) and approximately 12 minutes for standard size.