Zoom: A Sweet Way to Start Your Day – Breakfast Fruit Tart
Want to start your day with something sweet? Try this recipe and have some Breakfast Fruit Tarts. It’s a balanced meal with protein, carbs, and fat. Join Chefanie and start your day with the fantastic Breakfast Fruit Tart.
Please make sure you have all the ingredients below before the class begins.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Makes: 7 large or 12 mini tarts
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 1/2 cup creamy nut or seed butter
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1/2 cup Rice Krispies-type cereal
• 5.3 ounces plain Greek yogurt
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup fruit of choice
• Select the fruit for this recipe with something seasonal and save money too! Such as: raspberries, apple, blackberries, or plum.
• BLEND 1/2 cup of oats in a blender until it becomes flour and you have at least 1/4 cup. MIX the almond butter and honey together in a small bowl.
• MEASURE the Rice Krispies, 1/4 cup of oat flour and 1/2 cup of rolled oats in a medium sized bowl.
• COMBINE the almond butter mixture with the oat mixture and MIX until a dough like consistency is formed.
• FORM balls from the dough with your hands and PRESS them into a muffin tin, PRESSING into the center to create an indent in the tart shell.
• REMOVE the tart shells carefully and SET on a plate.
• MEASURE the vanilla extract and MIX it into the yogurt.
• FILL the tart shells with the yogurt mixture.
• ADD your fruit on top of the yogurt and ENJOY!