Zoom: Mini pancakes – mighty flavor! – Mini Pancakes with Maple Dipping Sauce
Everything tastes better when it’s bite-sized! Join Chefanie and learn how to make mini pancakes with a maple dipping sauce to share with your family and friends.
Please make sure you have all the ingredients below before the class begins.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes | Makes: 4 servings
• 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
• 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoons salt
• 1 cup milk
• 3/4 cup ricotta (low-fat or whole)
• 3 large eggs
• 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 tablespoon lemon zest
• 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
• 1 tablespoon butter, melted
DIPPING SAUCE INGREDIENTS
• 1 cup Greek yogurt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• COMBINE flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl. WHISK to mix thoroughly.
• CREATE a well in center of flour mixture and SET aside.
• In a separate mixing bowl, WHISK together milk, ricotta, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
• ADD butter, lemon zest and lemon juice to milk mixture. MIX thoroughly (it will curdle a little).
• POUR milk mixture into the well you created in the flour mixture. WHISK just to combine, lumpy batter will result.
• HEAT a cast iron on non-stick griddle or skillet on medium heat.
• DROP a tablespoon of batter onto buttered griddle
• COOK until bubbles appear on surface and bottom is golden brown, FLIP and COOK on opposite side until golden brown.
• COMBINE Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, cinnamon and maple syrup together in a small bowl and stir.
• SERVE warm dusted with powdered sugar, and/or the dipping sauce. ENJOY!