Instagram Live: I dip, you dip, we dip! – Avocado and Greek Yogurt Dip with Homemade Tortilla Chips
You’ll never make guacamole the same way again! In this class, you’ll see how adding a dollop of Greek yogurt to avocado pumps up the delicious factor to the next level while also adding much needed nutrition.
Please make sure you have all the ingredients below before the class begins.
Prep Time: 10 minutes| Makes: 8 servings
• 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
• ¾ cup nonfat plain yogurt
• 1/3 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
• 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 jalapeno, seeded and choppedies
• 1 cup extra virgin olive oil,
• 12 corn tortillas
• Kosher salt (or other coarse salt)
• Place avocado, yogurt, cilantro, scallions, lime juice, salt, pepper, cumin and jalapeno in a food processor or blender
• Process until smooth.
• Lay out the tortillas in a single layer on a baking sheet and put them in a 350° F for 5 minutes
• Cut each tortilla into 6 triangle shaped wedges
• Pour oil into a medium skillet to a depth of 1/4 of an inch
• Place a handful of tortilla triangles into the hot oil, Fry for approximately 2 minutes until the chips just begin to color and they are firm, no longer pliable.
• Sprinkle with salt