Zoom: Freshen Up Your Pancakes – Very Berry Pancakes
Would you like to put some brain power to your breakfast? Just dress up your pancakes with some berries, especially dark blue and purple ones and you’ll reap the benefit of the antioxidants that will improve your memory and boost your brain. Join Chefanie, and she’ll show you how!
Please make sure you have all the ingredients below before the class begins.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Makes: 4 servings
• 2 cups unbleached flour
• 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoons baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoons salt
• 3 cups buttermilk
• 2 large eggs
• 3 tablespoon butter, melted
• 1 cup blueberries (Optional)
• 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
• 1/2 cup strawberries, quartered
• 1/2 cup blueberries
• 1/2 cup raspberries
• Confectioners sugar to dust or
• Maple syrup to drizzle
Top your pancakes with frozen berries when fresh is not available.
• COMBINE flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl. WHISK to mix thoroughly.
• CREATE a well in center of flour mixture and SET aside.
• In a separate mixing bowl, WHISK together milk and eggs until well blended.
• ADD butter to milk mixture. MIX thoroughly.
• POUR milk mixture into the well you created in the flour mixture. WHISK just to combine, lumpy batter will result.
• Gently STIR in the blueberries if using.
• HEAT a cast iron on non-stick griddle or skillet on medium heat.
• DROP a tablespoon of batter onto buttered griddle
• COOK until bubbles appear on surface and bottom is golden brown, FLIP and COOK on opposite side until golden brown.
• SERVE warm topped with Greek yogurt and the berries. Dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with maple syrup. ENJOY!
Click Here to view and download the recipe!