Zoom: Break Bread with a Salad – Panzanella
Tired of regular salad? Have you tried Panzanella before? It’s a great way to use up day-old bread and leftover vegetables. You can share it with your family! Join Chefanie and learn how to make a Panzanella.
Please make sure you have all the ingredients below before the class begins.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Makes: 4 servings
• 1 loaf day old whole grain or Italian bread
• 2 large ripe tomatoes or 1 cup tomatoes
• 1 cucumber
• 1/2 red onion or white onion or scallions, diced
• 1/3 cup pitted Italian olives
• 4 sprigs thyme or oregano
• 10 sprigs parsley
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 10 basil leaves for garnish
Try swapping out the ingredients in this recipe with something seasonal and save money too! Such as: beets, brussel sprouts, or cabbage.
• CUT the bread into 1-inch cubes and PLACE into a salad bowl.
• CUT the tomatoes and cucumbers into bite-sized pieces and PLACE in the bowl. DICE the onion and ADD to bowl.
• SLICE the olives in half and ADD. REMOVE the thyme, oregano and parsley leaves from their stems, CHOP the leaves as well.
• ADD all chopped herbs and TOSS well with clean hands.
• MEASURE the oil and vinegar, ADD and STIR.
• ADD to salad and MIX well.
• TASTE the salad and ADD salt and pepper to desired taste.
• ADD basil leaves and sliced olives for garnish and SERVE.
Click Here to view and download the recipe!