Zoom: Taco Tuesday in a New Way – Chickpea Spinach Taco
What to eat for dinner? Don’t forget it’s Taco Tuesday. Here is a perfect idea for the family meal. Share these healthy Chickpea Spinach Tacos with your family. Join Chefanie and have a taste of this new recipe.
Please make sure you have all the ingredients below before the class begins.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Makes: 4 servings
• 1 can chickpeas
• 1 small red onion, minced
• 1 clove garlic, finely minced
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
• 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 bunch or bag of spinach
• 1 cucumber, shredded, peeled if necessary
• 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
• 8 small whole wheat or corn tortillas
Try swapping out the ingredients in this recipe with something seasonal and save money too! Such as: winter squash, mushrooms, turnip, golden beets.
• MIX the chickpeas, onions, and garlic in a large bowl.
• SEASON with salt and pepper.
• ADD lemon juice, parsley, and olive oil.
• MIX until you have a chunky paste.
• SLICE spinach into ribbons and ADD to chickpea mixture.
• TOSS together.
• SPOON chickpea spinach mixture on a whole wheat or corn tortillas. TOP with shredded cucumber and feta cheese.
• SERVE and ENJOY.
Click Here to view and download the recipe!