Instagram Live: Rolling Up Lasagna in a Whole New Way – Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups
This recipe has all of the deliciousness of a lasagna in a bite sized package. By substituting zucchini for pasta, you will be adding beauty-boosting antioxidants to your daily diet. Join Chefanie to learn how beauty truly starts from the inside out
Please make sure you have all the ingredients below before the class begins.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes | Makes: 2 servings
• 2 medium zucchini
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons oregano
• 2 tablespoons ground pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons flour
• 1/2 cup ricotta
• 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, divided
• 1 large egg
• 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
• 1/2 cup marinara sauce
• 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
• Preheat oven to 400°.
• Slice zucchini into 1/8″ thick slices. Lay zucchini slices on a baking sheet covered with a paper towel to soak up excess moisture.
• With a pastry brush, brush olive oil onto the zucchini slices and sprinkle a pinch of oregano, salt, black pepper and flour on top. Flip over and cover the opposite side with the same ingredients.
• In batches, place 3-4 spiced and floured zucchini slices in the microwave on top of paper towels. Cook for 40 seconds and remove. Continue until all zucchini slices are cooked.
• In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg and garlic powder. Stir just until combined.
• Spread a thin layer of marinara onto the bottom of a 8×2″ baking dish.
• On each slice of zucchini, spoon a thin layer of sauce, spread ricotta mixture on top. Roll up and place in baking dish, packed together tightly.
• Sprinkle with grated mozzarella. Bake until zucchini is tender and cheese is melty, 20 minutes.
Click Here to view and download the recipe!