Instagram Live: Breakfast is Better with Pancakes! – Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Want to try something new for breakfast? How does a plate of sweet and refreshing Lemon Ricotta Pancakes sound? Join Chefanie and learn to make this tasty breakfast for your loved family and friends!
Please make sure you have all the ingredients below before the class begins.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes | Yield: 4 servings
• 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
• 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoons salt
• 1 cup milk
• 3/4 cup ricotta (low-fat or whole)
• 3 large eggs
• 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 tablespoon lemon zest
• 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
• 1 tablespoon butter, melted
• Use a smaller spoon or measuring cup to transfer batter to the griddle and make smaller pancakes, and more of them!
• COMBINE flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl. WHISK to mix thoroughly.
• CREATE a well in center of flour mixture and SET aside.
• In a separate mixing bowl, WHISK together milk, ricotta, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
• ADD butter, lemon zest and lemon juice to milk mixture. MIX thoroughly (it will curdle a little).
• POUR milk mixture into the well you created in the flour mixture. WHISK just to combine, lumpy batter will result.
• HEAT a cast iron on non-stick griddle or skillet on medium heat.
• DROP 1/3 cup of batter onto buttered griddle — as many as can fit on your griddle or skillet.
• COOK until bubbles appear on surface and bottom is golden brown, FLIP and COOK on opposite side until golden brown.
• REPEAT until you have 10 pancakes.
• SERVE warm dusted with powdered sugar, and/or drizzled with maple or berry syrup. ENJOY!