Instagram Live: Popovers with Honey Butter
Getting bored of biscuits or scones as the afternoon snacks? No worries, we’ve got you these simple popovers that are equally delicious! This eggy-bread creation served with sweet honey butter is the best for delightful snack time.
Please make sure you have all the ingredients below before the class begins.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes | Yield: 8 servings
• 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted and melted
• 3 medium eggs
• 1 cup milk, whole or low-fat
• 1 cup flour, white, all-purpose
• 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
• 2 tablespoons apricot jam ( or any flavor jam)
• If you do not have a blender, you can beat the eggs with a whisk or a fork and continue beating in the remaining ingredients.
• Swap apricot jam with any other flavor jam.
• PREHEAT the oven to 450 degrees.
• COAT 8 muffin cups with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter, using a pastry brush.
• BLEND the eggs in a blender until light yellow.
• WARM the milk in a pot on medium heat until bubbles form at the edge of milk in the pan.
• ADD warm milk and remaining 2 tablespoons butter to the eggs in the blender. BLEND thoroughly.
• ADD the flour and salt to the batter and blend until smooth.
• HEAT the muffin tin in the oven for 2 minutes.
• POUR the batter halfway into each hot muffin cup and bake until golden, about 30 minutes. Do not open the oven during baking.
• COMBINE softened, room temperature 2 tablespoons of butter with the apricot preserves in a small mixing bowl. WHIP together with a whisk. PLACE in a small bowl to serve with the popovers.
• REMOVE popovers from the oven.
• SERVE hot with the apricot butter.