Instagram Live: Spice Up Your St. Patrick’s Day – Green Shakshuka
Spice up your St. Patrick’s Day spread with a gorgeous Green Shakshuka. This super simple and shareable recipe is bound to be a hit for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Join Chefanie to find your new favorite lucky go-to meal.
Please make sure you have all the ingredients below before the class begins.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Makes: 5 servings
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1/2 medium onion, chopped
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 zucchini, grated
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
• 2 cups spinach, chiffonaded
• 5 large eggs
• 1/4 cup cilantro
• 1 large avocado, for garnish
• Heat olive oil in a saute pan on medium heat.
• Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion becomes translucent.
• Add the zucchini and spices and stir for another minute. Add the baby spinach and stir until it just starts to wilt, then turn the heat to low.
• Flatten the mixture with a spatula and create 5 small wells, then crack the eggs into each well. Cook until the eggs are done to your liking. You can also add a lid to steam and cook the eggs faster.
• Add ricotta cheese during the last minute of cooking your eggs so that the cheese melts into the sauteed vegetables
• Sprinkle the fresh cilantro on top and garnish with sliced avocado.
Click Here to view and download the recipe!