Zoom: Not Your Grandmother’s Pizza – Bell Pepper Pizza
Getting tired of regular pizza? Use bell pepper to make one and have something delish and nutritious. Join Chefanie and learn how to make a quick and easy lunch or snack with families!
Please make sure you have all the ingredients below before the class begins.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 3 minutes | Makes: 2 mini pizzas
• 1 large bell pepper
• 1/4 cup tomato sauce
• 1/4 cup grated cheese
• 1/4 cup veggie toppings of your choice (e.g. thinly sliced mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini, cauliflower, or frozen corn or green beans)
• Pinch of red pepper flakes
• Pinch of dried basil or parsley
Try swapping out the ingredients in this recipe with something seasonal and save money too! Such as: Brussels sprouts, carrots, kale, cauliflower, mushrooms.
• CUT the pepper into two sections vertically. Carefully REMOVE the seeds and veins.
• MEASURE the tomato sauce and equally ADD to each section of the pepper.
• MEASURE the grated cheese and DIVIDE amongst pepper sections
• ADD the veggie toppings of your choice (as much as you can fit) to each pepper section.
• PLACE in the microwave for 2 minutes. (OPTIONAL: COVER with a paper towel to avoid splattering.)
• COOL in microwave for 1 minute.
• SPRINKLE a pinch of red pepper flakes and basil or parsley.
• ENJOY as a quick and easy lunch or snack with friends!
Click Here to view and download the recipe!