Instagram Live: In the Mood for Muffins – Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Ever wondered why you feel better after eating a piece of chocolate? The cocoa in chocolate makes the body produce chemicals that improves your mood and even fights depression. Bananas also add to a relaxed feeling with its vitamins and minerals. Combining these two will create a recipe for happiness.
Please make sure you have all the ingredients below before the class begins.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 12 minutes | Makes: 12 servings
• 2 large bananas, overripe
• 1 large egg
• 1/3 cup light brown sugar
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2 tablespoons yogurt, plain
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1/3 cup almonds, sliced
• 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
You can store overripe bananas, even when the peel has turned dark, in the refrigerator or freezer until you are ready to bake with them.
• PREHEAT the oven to 350 degrees .
• GREASE muffin molds, or FILL with liners.
• COMBINE two mashed bananas, egg, sugar and oil in a mixing bowl. MIX well.
• ADD yogurt and vanilla.
• MIX with fork until smooth.
• ADD the flour¼ cup at a time, with salt and baking soda in between additions.
• MIX thoroughly.
• ADD almonds and chips.
• BAKE for about 8 minutes (mini muffins) and approximately 12 minutes for standard size .
Click Here to view and download the recipe!