Zoom: No Pie Crust, No Problem – Baked Apples with Whipped Cream
No time to make pie but love warm apples? Join us and learn how to transform an apple into a pie-like snack in 5 minutes or less. You will LOVE it and make it after school or for breakfast year round!
Please make sure you have all the ingredients below before the class begins.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 3 minutes | Makes: 4 servings
• 4 apples
• 1 tbsp butter
• 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
• 2 tbsp raisins
• 2 tbsp packed brown sugar or 1 tbsp maple syrup
• 1/4 cup creme fraiche or whipped cream (optional)
Feel free to add some chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans for an extra toasty crunch! These can also be baked in the oven at 350 F for 15-20 minutes.
• CORE apples and place in microwave-safe dish
• DIVIDE butter into 4 equal pieces, PLACE 1 piece into empty core of each apple
• SPRINKLE cinnamon, brown sugar or maple syrup, and raisins equally among all apples
• MICROWAVE for 2-3 minutes
• SERVE with a dollop of creme fraiche or whipped cream. ENJOY!
Click Here to view and download the recipe!