Zoom: A Recipe for Smart Cookies – Apple Cookies
These Apple Cookies offer an excellent balance of protein, carbohydrates and fat to get you ready for the field, the blacktop or the baseball diamond. Plus, cookies are typically be loaded with added sugar – but not these! And what’s easier than not having to bake
Please make sure you have all the ingredients below before the class begins.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Makes: 8 cookies
• 1 large Apple
• 2 tablespoons Almond or other Nut Butter
• 1/3 cup Granola or Muesli
• 1/4 cup Dried Fruit, Sliced Concord grapes, or Berries
If you use granola, be aware that it typically contains more added sugar than muesli. For that reason, muesli may be a more healthful choice.
• CORE the apples (OPTIONAL -PEEL the apple if skin is too difficult to chew).
• SLICE apple horizontally into thin rings (about 8 for medium to large apple.)
• SPREAD some nut butter on each apple ring .
• SPRINKLE the granola or muesli on top .
• ADD the dried fruit, Concord grapes or berries.
• Arrange on a serving plate and ENJOY!
Click Here to view and download the recipe!